Movement Tip: GHD Sit Up
How to do a GHD sit up: https://youtu.be/gX99JCYGjto
1. Sit with your feet set in the foot holds and your butt slightly past/off the cushions.
2. Keep your knees bent when sitting in this upright position.
3. Lower yourself backwards, keeping your spine neutral and your knees bent – you will only move past parallel if you’re a beginner.
4. If you are capable of moving past parallel, then go as low as you can while keeping a neutral spine or good posture. Wherever you reach beyond parallel is your full range of motion.
5. At this point, start coming back up and then sharply extend your legs straight in front of you until you’re back upright – this sharp extension of your knees and legs ensures the use of your hip-flexors and it will avoid you using the wrong muscles and will avoid lower back pain.